Life-threatening Allergy Alert
At this time, combined, we have 20 students and staff members with Life Threatening Allergies to various foods and several members of our community have Life Threatening Allergies to bees.
The most serious of these life-threatening allergies include one student with an airborne/touch allergy to peanuts and a staff member who has an airborne/touch allergy to aloe.
PVPA is now a NUT-FREE school
We cannot have any foods containing nuts in the school building. Please adjust home-brought meals accordingly.
We ask if students or staff have eaten anything with nuts, especially peanuts in the morning, that you wash your hands thoroughly before you come to school.
PVPA is an ALOE FREE school
We cannot have anything that contains aloe in the building.
Aloe is found in many, many products:
- Hand Sanitizers
- Body Lotion
- Bug Repellent
Please check all of your personal products before you bring them into school to make sure that they do not contain aloe. We have an ample supply of aloe-free hand sanitizer, lotion, and sunscreen for student use at PVPA if you are unsure of whether or not your products are aloe-free.
Breakfast and Lunch
- PVPA will continue to provide breakfast and lunch through the National School Lunch Program.
- Both breakfast and lunch will be provided to students at no cost for the entire school year.
- Menus must be completed in advance to allow for the school to provide the appropriate number of meals each day.
- Food is prepared at South Hadley High School and picked up daily just before lunch time.
- Microwaves and vending machines will no longer be available for student use.
- Students are encouraged to bring refillable water bottles to school. All of our water fountains have been replaced with water filling stations.