PVPA is now a NUT-FREE campus. Please adjust home-brought meals accordingly. Thank you! 


Immunization and Physical Exam Records

Medical symbol superimposed over the PVPA logo

Dear Students and Families,

As you know, schools are required to have up to date immunization records and current physical exam records on file before the beginning of the school year.

Please click here to access the Immunization Record form and Physical Health Exam form to this email. I have also linked the current immunization requirements for students attending school in MA.

Please check with your students' health care provider to make sure their immunizations are up to date and that they have had a current physical exam.

You can deliver up to date records to me at school, scan and email them to me (mcolwell@pvpa.org), or fax them to me @ 413.552.1573.

Please deliver these records to me by August 30, 2021.

I am available to answer any questions at 413.552.1580 x2.


I am so excited to see all of you on Tuesday!!


My very best,

Mary, RN,

200.100: Physical Examinations Required by Primary Care Provider or School Physician (A) The school health program should encourage the performance of the physical examination required in 105 CMR 200.100 by the student's own physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant whenever possible. Said health care provider shall record the results of the physical examination on health record forms approved by the Department of Public Health (Department) and provide a copy of this record containing the results of the examination and the physician's, physician assistant or nurse practitioner's recommendations to the school. With the consent of the parent or legal guardian, the student's primary care provider shall be furnished with a copy of the record of a physical examination performed in the school. (B) The school committee or board of health shall ensure that every student in the public schools be separately and carefully examined by a duly licensed physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant, as follows:

(1) within one year prior to entrance to school or within 30 days after school entry and at intervals of either three or four years thereafter. A student transferred from another school system shall be examined as an entering student. Health records transferred from the
student's previous school may be used to determine compliance with this requirement; 

(2) students under 16 and over 14 years of age requesting employment certificates; 

(3) prior to a student's participation in competitive athletics, on an annual basis.
Mary Colwell, RN, BSN, LSN
Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Public Charter School
15 Mulligan Drive, S. Hadley, MA 01075
(w) 413.552.1580 x2  (f) 413.552.1573  mcolwell@pvpa.org 
“This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.”  
-Maya Angelou