Dear 11th Graders and Families,
Welcome to junior year!
This will be an exciting year for you as we continue to explore options post-PVPA. I look forward to working with you this upcoming school year.
Throughout the year, I welcome students and families to contact me with questions, concerns, or success stories about your academic development, career and college planning path, and social or emotional well-being. Please feel free to reach me by email at email@example.com or by phone at 413 552 1580 x241.
In a few weeks, we will release our School Counseling Calendar with detailed information about upcoming school counseling activities. This year, the PVPA School Counseling Department will offer the following programming tailored to 11th Graders and their families.
- 11th Grade Advising Group Meetings: Small group sessions about college planning and the college admissions process (October-May).
- PSAT: All 11th Graders take the PSAT on October 16th. More information is available on our website here.
- Family College Night: Overview of the college admissions process for students and their families (September 24th, 2018 from 5pm-6pm).
- NACAC College Fair: 11th Grade field trip to National College Fair at the Big E (April 6, 2019).
- 11th Grade Future Planning Meetings: Individual meetings with students and families to discuss post-PVPA plans.
- College Admissions Visits at PVPA: College admissions officers will be visiting PVPA to meet with students throughout the fall semester. College admissions visits are open to all high school students. Most admissions visits happen between September and December, although some happen in the spring semester. Please check the School Counseling Calendar for dates and times of admissions visits.
- College Counseling website: The School Counseling Department maintains a College and Career Planning website with a variety of important post-PVPA planning information, including college process and application information, and the School Counseling Calendar.
As always, I am available to support students with both the expected and unexpected challenges of high school, whether these are emotional, social, academic, or future-oriented. Information about contacting school counselors is available in the Community Handbook. I encourage students to request an appointment if you’d like to talk in detail. Please let me know how I can support you.
I am looking forward to a great year!
School Counselor for Class of 2021 and 2023