Kate Allen, Class of 2022 (11th grade): firstname.lastname@example.org; x243
Dear 11th Graders and Families,
Welcome to 11th Grade!
Throughout the year, I welcome students and families to contact me with questions, concerns, or success stories about your academic development, career and college planning path, and social or emotional well-being. Please feel free to reach me by email at email@example.com or by phone at 413 552 1580 x243.
I am also very happy to let you know that Chelsea McCorry is a school counseling intern from UMass Amherst who will be working with us one day a week this year.
In a few weeks, we will release our School Counseling Calendar with detailed information about our offerings. Although PVPA school counseling may look a little different during remote learning, we remain committed to meeting the needs of students. This year, the PVPA School Counseling Department will offer the following programming tailored to 11th Graders and their families.
- 11th Grade Post-High School and College Planning Curriculum: Group sessions about post-high school plans, college planning, and the college admissions process (October-May).
- 11th Grade Family Presentation: Overview of the school counseling program and college process for students and their families (October 7, 2020).
- 11th Grade Individual Planning Meetings: Individual meetings with students and families to discuss post-PVPA plans.
- PSAT and SAT School Day: Depending on our ability to do so safely, we hope to host the PSAT in January 2021 and the SAT in the spring of 2021.
- College Admissions and College Fairs: We will be connecting students with resources and opportunities to attend virtual college admissions information sessions and virtual college fairs. In addition, please visit the NACAC (National Association of College Admissions Counseling) website here for information about virtual and in-person admissions events at United States colleges.
- College Counseling website: The School Counseling Department maintains a College Counseling website with a variety of important college process and college application information, including the College Counseling Calendar.
As always, I am available to support students with both the expected and unexpected challenges of high school, whether these are emotional, social, academic, or future-oriented. Please feel free to contact me by email or phone. Students may also request appointments using the online Appointment Request form available in the Class of 2022 School Counseling Google Classroom. I encourage students to request an appointment if you’d like to talk in detail. Please let me know how I can support you.
I am looking forward to a great year!