PVPA has an opportunity for a permanent substitute teacher beginning in late August 2021 for
the 2021-2022 school year. We are looking for a reflective practitioner who enjoys working with
students in grades 7-12 and collaborating with colleagues. Permanent substitute teachers work
full-time, and are placed as needed in a range of arts and academic classrooms in grades 7-12.
1. Reports to school office 15 minutes prior to start of the school day to pick up required
materials/schedule of classes.
2. Carries out a program of study prescribed in lesson plans left by classroom teachers.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the
maturity of the students.
4. Maintains a safe and orderly classroom.
5. Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
6. Ensures that students are never left unattended in the classroom.
7. Follows emergency and safety procedures.
8. Follows school procedures and regulations.
9. Writes daily memos to teachers reporting on lesson plan and students.
10. Writes restorative intervention referrals as needed.
11. Performs other related duties as directed.
Experience working with middle and high school students
CORI and Fingerprint background checks
Supervised by: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Calendar: School year (ten months) – 180 student contact days
Please provide a written response to the following:
At PVPA, we work to provide all students with an education that enables them to be
contributing members of a multiethnic, multicultural society. We strive to ensure that our
community of students, families and staff share the responsibility of creating a caring
environment in which learning and equitable treatment can occur. Please describe any personal
background, training, work or other experience that you feel would help us in achieving this
goal. PLEASE SUBMIT THIS AS AN ATTACHMENT.
To be considered a complete application, please submit all required documentation necessary to create
the SchoolSpring file. Please do not send follow-up or additional paperwork or emails. If additional
information is required, applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to upload any and all transcripts to your SchoolSpring application.
Please apply to job # 3667902 at www.schoolspring.com