PVPA has an opportunity for a dynamic paraprofessional beginning August 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. We are looking for a reflective practitioner who enjoys working with students in grades 7-8 and collaborating with colleagues.
1. Offer direct support in Academic Support classes
2. Support students within a general education environment to ensure full implementation of Individual Education Plans
3. Maintain a structured and safe learning environment
4. Tailor support to students’ individual learning styles and needs
5. Support students to organize their work, providing them with appropriate resources and materials
6. Support students to become self-advocates and take responsibility for their academic performance
7. Provide assistance to classroom teachers
8. Collect information from teachers regarding students’ performance in the classroom and convey that information to students
9. Model appropriate and responsible behavior
10. Other duties as required
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Evidence of successful prior experience working with students
3. Ability to relate to students in grades 7-12
4. CORI check/fingerprinting
Supervised by: Director of Student Services
Calendar: 10 month - School Year
Please provide a written response to the following:
At PVPA, we work to provide all students with an education that enables them to be contributing members of a multiethnic, multicultural society. We strive to ensure that our community of students, families and staff share the responsibility of creating a caring environment in which learning and equitable treatment can occur. Please describe any personal background, training, work or other experience that you feel would help us in achieving this goal. PLEASE SUBMIT THIS IN THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SECTION (Education, Experience and Additional Information).
To be considered a complete application, please submit all required documentation necessary to create the SchoolSpring file. Please do not send follow-up or additional paperwork or emails. If additional information is required, applicants will be contacted. Please be sure to upload any and all transcripts to your SchoolSpring application.
Please apply to Job # 3282291 at SchoolSpring (http://www.schoolspring.com)