PVPA has an opportunity for a dynamic Chemistry teacher for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. We are looking for a reflective practitioner who enjoys working with colleagues and loves working with high school students. The Chemistry curriculum uses contextualized, inquiry-based investigations to build student understanding. Students are assessed through a variety of methods with the goal of supporting and challenging each student.
- Teach three blocks (classes) of chemistry (all blocks are scheduled between 8:30a and 12:35p M-F)
- Prepare curricula and instructional materials based on set departmental learning objectives
- Assess student work and provide timely feedback to students and parents via PowerSchool online grading system
- Supervise students during non-class time (e.g., lunch) as required
- Attend and participate in regular faculty collaborative team meetings and school-wide professional development activities
- Attend and participate in meetings with students and/or parents/guardians as scheduled, including parent-teacher conferences
- Participate in school-wide events that occur during the school day
- Assist with other faculty administrative duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- CORI and Fingerprinting background check
- Two to five years of experience teaching chemistry or similar in public or private schools
- Experience with high school students
- Eligible for “Highly Qualified” teacher status
- Massachusetts teaching license in subject area
- Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) Endorsement
- Computer literacy
Supervised by: Director of Teacher Development, Director of Arts and Academics
Calendar: Remainder of 2019-2020 School Year
To be considered a complete application, please submit all required documentation necessary to create the SchoolSpring file. Please do not send follow-up or additional paperwork or emails. If additional information is required, applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to upload any and all transcripts to your SchoolSpring application.
Please apply to job # 3199587 at schoolspring.com