PVPA has an opportunity for a dynamic life science teachers to teach one Anatomy, Physiology, and Psychology course (“AP&P”) for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. We are looking for reflective practitioners who enjoy working with colleagues and love working with high school students. The AP&P curriculum uses contextualized, inquiry-based investigations to build student understanding. Students are assessed through a variety of methods with the goal of supporting and challenging each student.
- Teach one block (class) of AP&P either Mondays 9:50-11:05a, Tuesdays 8:30-9:45a, and Thursdays 8:30-9:45a, OR Tuesdays 1:20-2:35p, Wednesdays 1:20-2:35p, and Fridays 12:55-2:10p.
- Prepare curricula and instructional materials based on set departmental learning objectives
- Assess student work and provide timely feedback to students and parents via PowerSchool online grading system
- Attend and participate in school-wide professional development activities
- Attend and participate in meetings with students and/or parents/guardians as scheduled, including parent-teacher conferences
- Participate in school-wide events that occur during the school day as applicable
- Assist with other faculty administrative duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- CORI and Fingerprinting background check
- Two to five years of experience teaching related science topics or similar in public or private schools
- Experience with high school students
- Eligible for “Highly Qualified” teacher status
- Massachusetts teaching license in subject area
- Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) Endorsement
- Computer literacy
Supervised by: Director of Teacher Development, Director of Arts and Academics
Calendar: Remainder of the 2019-2020 School Year
To be considered a complete application, please submit all required documentation necessary to create the SchoolSpring file. Please do not send follow-up or additional paperwork or emails. If additional information is required, applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to upload any and all transcripts to your SchoolSpring application.
Please apply to job # 3199590 at schoolspring.com