Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School (PVPA) provides students with a supportive and challenging environment that is responsive to multiple learning styles, emphasizes learning through the arts and integrates critical and creative thinking throughout the curriculum. PVPA prepares all of our students for higher education by employing a rigorous, standards-based curriculum in a nurturing and collaborative environment.
At PVPA, we want each of our students to be successful in school and to go on to a fulfilling college experience. Our guiding mission at PVPA is to help students become more independent. We work with students to assume responsibility, not avoid it. The Academic Support Department contributes to these goals by:
1. establishing a positive learning environment
2. identifying and implementing services that address each student’s individual learning style, strengths and challenges
3. fostering feelings of empowerment that help students advocate on their own behalf and assume responsibility for their own learning.
PVPA has an opportunity for an Academic Support Teacher starting January 13, 2019. We are looking for a reflective practitioner who enjoys working with colleagues and loves working with high school students.
1. Provide specialized instruction as outlined in student IEPs
2. Manage and offer support services based on general academic expectations
3. Maintain a quiet, orderly and productive atmosphere and a safe learning environment
4. Provide appropriate information and materials for students
5. Provide technological support to students as necessary
6. Maintain regular contact with parents by phone, meetings or in writing
7. Provide consultation and support to classroom teachers regarding accommodations and strategies
8. Provide students feedback on classroom teacher academic and social expectations
9. Support students on specific assignments
10. Attend team meetings as necessary
11. Write IEPs
12. Produce progress reports quarterly
13. Provide testing accommodations for standardized tests
14. Keep accurate attendance records
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Eligible for Highly Qualified Teacher status
3. CORI/Fingerprint check
1. Master’s degree
2. Certification in Special Education 9-12
3. Massachusetts certification in subject area
Supervised by: Director of Student Services
Calendar: School year (ten months)
Please provide a written response to the following:
At PVPA, we work to provide all students with an education that enables them to be contributing members of a multiethnic, multicultural society. We strive to ensure that our community of students, families and staff share the responsibility of creating a caring environment in which learning and equitable treatment can occur. Please describe any personal background, training, work or other experience that you feel would help us in achieving this goal. PLEASE SUBMIT THIS AS AN ATTACHMENT.
To be considered a complete application, please submit all required documentation necessary to create the SchoolSpring file. Please do not send follow-up or additional paperwork or emails. If additional information is required, applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to upload any and all transcripts to your SchoolSpring application.
Please see job # 3212122 at schoolspring.com