Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School (PVPA) provides students with a supportive and challenging environment that is responsive to multiple learning styles, emphasizes learning through the arts, and integrates critical and creative thinking throughout the curriculum. Since 1996, PVPA has prepared students for higher education by employing a rigorous, standards-based curriculum in a nurturing and collaborative environment.
PVPA has an opportunity for an English Language Education (ELE) program coordinator beginning immediately for the 2019-20 school year. We are looking for a reflective practitioner who enjoys working with middle and high school students and collaborating with colleagues.This is a flexible position that does not currently require a set teaching schedule.
- Assist Director of Arts and Academics in developing/maintaining a comprehensive ELE program at PVPA including:
- Designing curriculum, programs, and practices for all core academic courses that are aligned with WIDA standards, MA curriculum frameworks, and PVPA course objectives
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring S.M.A.R.T. goals for the ELE program
- Reviewing existing ELE district policies, and adjusting as necessary
- Ensuring parent/guardian language needs are met with regard to home-school communication
- Participating in program evaluation to monitor effectiveness
- Provide ESL teaching services in classes or outside of classes as necessary to support English learners (ELs) enrolled at PVPA
- Assist Director of Arts and Academics and SIS Data Coordinator in monitoring progress of all enrolled ELs and former English learners (FELs)
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Massachusetts teacher license in ESL
- CORI and Fingerprint background checks
- At least two years of experience teaching ESL in a public or private school
- Experience in ESL curriculum development and WIDA standards
- Knowledge of discipline curriculum standards in core academic areas
- Computer literacy
Supervised by: Director of Arts and Academics
Calendar: School year (ten months)
Please provide a written response to the following:
At PVPA, we work to provide all students with an education that enables them to be contributing members of a multiethnic, multicultural society. We strive to ensure that our community of students, families and staff share the responsibility of creating a caring environment in which learning and equitable treatment can occur. Please describe any personal background, training, work or other experience that you feel would help us in achieving this goal. PLEASE SUBMIT THIS AS AN ATTACHMENT.
To be considered a complete application, please submit all required documentation necessary to create the SchoolSpring file. Please do not send follow-up or additional paperwork or emails. If additional information is required, applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to upload any and all transcripts to your SchoolSpring application.
Please apply to job # 3188856 at schoolspring.com