Teachers at Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School (PVPA) provide students with a supportive and challenging environment that is responsive to multiple learning styles, emphasizes learning through the arts, and integrates critical and creative thinking throughout the curriculum. Since 1996, PVPA has prepared all of our students for higher education by employing a rigorous, standards-based curriculum in a nurturing and collaborative environment.
PVPA has an opportunity for a .20 FTE Lighting Technology and Design Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. We are looking for a reflective practitioner who enjoys working with high school students, and collaborating with colleagues. This position allows technical theater professionals to pass on their knowledge and passion for working in the arts to young people.
- Teach one class each semester (fall and spring) in lighting production and design
- Prepare curricula and instructional materials based on set departmental learning objectives
- Assess student work and provide timely feedback to students and parents via PowerSchool online grading system
- Attend and participate in regular faculty collaborative team meetings and school-wide professional development activities
- Attend and participate in meetings with students and/or parents/guardians as scheduled, including an evening open house, and parent-teacher conferences
- Assist with other faculty administrative duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to teach all grade levels 7-12
- CORI/SORI and Fingerprint background checks
- Two to five years teaching experience teaching
- Eligible for “Highly Qualified” teacher status
- Computer literacy
Calendar: School year (ten months) beginning fall of 2019
Supervised by: Director of Teacher Development
Please provide a written response to the following:
At PVPA, we work to provide all students with an education that enables them to be contributing members of a multiethnic, multicultural society. We strive to ensure that our community of students, families and staff share the responsibility of creating a caring environment in which learning and equitable treatment can occur. Please describe any personal background, training, work or other experience that you feel would help us in achieving this goal. PLEASE SUBMIT AS AN ATTACHMENT.
To be considered a complete application, please submit all required documentation necessary to create the SchoolSpring file. Please do not send follow-up or additional paperwork or emails. If additional information is required, applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to upload any and all transcripts to your SchoolSpring application.
Please apply to job # 3080546 at schoolspring.com