The Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School has an immediate opening for an after school hours security position.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Includes, but not limited to):
- Traffic duty during dismissal time.
- Ensure all after school security and safety measures and protocols are adhered to.
- Ensure fire and life safety codes are maintained during shift time.
- Ensure facility Security.
- Contact person for after school communication with public and/ after school emergencies.
- Work with other after school staff to ensure accountability and location of students.
- Assist with building security & immediately respond to building emergency while on shift.
- Assist with building and grounds maintenance during school vacation weeks and summer months – room relocations, painting, outside landscaping and general maintenance and repair of facility.
Supervised by: PVPA Facilities Manager
Normal Hours: (may vary depending on need)
- 3:30 pm – 7:30 pm Monday – Thursday
- 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm Friday.
- Friday night performances (approx. 17 evenings throughout school year) until 10 pm.
Pay Rate: $ 15.00 per hour.
Typical day outline during school sessions (Could change depending on a variety of reasons)
- Arrive at work and check in with Facilities Manager (or other designated personal) for work schedule.
- Traffic duty. (typically Monday – Thursday from 3:45 – 4:15pm & Friday’s 2:45 – 3:15pm)
- Sweep school building and move students that are not involved in an after school function to designated area and secure 2nd and 3rd floors as well as the East Annex area.
- Stationed in the main office to watch over students and be school building gate keeper via buzzing in people from the outside into the school and see what they need. Monitor school grounds via CCTV Camera System in main office.
- End of shift coordinate with cleaners or other staff about closing and securing of building for the night.
Experience, education, skills, abilities, qualifications (Includes, but not limited to):
- 21 years old or older
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Flexible Hours
- Ability to use school issued walkie-talkie and/or cell phone.
- CORI and Fingerprint Check.
- Preferred First Aid, CPR and AED Certified.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Highly motivated and self-motivated.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong attendance record.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to understand and fallow verbal and written instructions.
- Team player.