Teachers at Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter Public School (PVPA) provide students with a supportive and challenging environment that is responsive to multiple learning styles, emphasizes learning through the arts, and integrates critical and creative thinking throughout the curriculum. Since 1996, PVPA has prepared students for higher education by employing a rigorous, standards-based curriculum in a nurturing and collaborative environment.
PVPA has an opportunity for a dynamic Speech and Language Pathologist Assistant beginning in August 2019 for the 2019-20 school year. We are looking for a reflective practitioner who enjoys working with middle school and high school students and collaborating with colleagues.
- Under the direction and clinical supervision of a speech-language pathologist (SLP), the speech-language assistant provides speech-language services to students with individualized education programs.
- Collaborates with the SLP supervisor on evidence based interventions to help students achieve their speech-language goals and objectives on their IEPs.
- Collaborates with the SLP supervisor regarding information on students’ IEPs.
- Provides screening to identify students with suspected speech-language disabilities.
- Keeps progress and tracking data using qualitative and quantitative information for individual students receiving speech-language services.
- In collaboration with the SLP, maintains a list of students’ names on the speech-language caseload as well as those students who are screened and eligible for speech-language services.
- Keeps track of and inventories speech-language intervention materials in the school.
- Logs therapy services.
- Provides progress reports in collaboration with the SLP.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Student Services and Special Education Teams for students on caseload
- Bachelor's degree in speech-language pathology.
- State License as a speech-language assistant through the Commonwealth of MA.
- Pediatric and/or school experience
Pay Structure: Hourly - 16 hours/week average @ $19.00
Supervised by: Director of Student Services and SLP Consultant
Calendar: 10 months - School year
Please provide a written response to the following:
At PVPA, we work to provide all students with an education that enables them to be contributing members of a multiethnic, multicultural society. We strive to ensure that our community of students, families and staff share the responsibility of creating a caring environment in which learning and equitable treatment can occur. Please describe any personal background, training, work or other experience that you feel would help us in achieving this goal. PLEASE SUBMIT THIS AS AN ATTACHEMENT.
To be considered a complete application, please submit all required documentation necessary to create the SchoolSpring file.
Please do not send follow-up or additional paperwork or emails. If additional information is required, applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to upload any and all transcripts to your SchoolSpring application.
Please apply to job # 3149832 at schoolspring.com