Dear 9th Graders and Families,
Welcome to high school!
As you begin your new adventure at PVPA high school, I look forward to meeting and working with you.
Throughout the year, I welcome students and families to contact me with questions, concerns, or success stories about your academic development, career and college planning path, and social or emotional well-being. Please feel free to reach me by email at email@example.com or by phone at 413 552 1580 x241.
In a few weeks, we will release our School Counseling Calendar with detailed information about our offerings. This year, the PVPA School Counseling Department will offer the following programming tailored to 9th Graders and their families.
- Small Group Lunch Check-Ins: During the first two months of school, each 9th Grader will attend a small group lunch session to check-in, get to know other 9th graders, and begin building a relationship with the High School Counseling Department (September-October).
- Classroom Lessons: School counselors will partner with Shannon Materka, our Study Skills teacher, to help students learn the organizational, planning, and self-management skills needed for success in high school.
- College Admissions Visits at PVPA: College admissions visits are open to all high school students. Most admissions visits happen between September and December, although some happen in the spring semester. Please check the School Counseling Calendar for dates and times of admissions visits.
- Individual Planning Meetings: In the spring, 9th graders will attend brief individual planning meetings to discuss their goals for the next year of high school.
- Additional programming will be offered based on determined needs of the 9th grade class.
As always, I am available to support students with both the expected and unexpected challenges of high school, whether these are emotional, social, academic, or future-oriented. Information about contacting school counselors is available in the Community Handbook. I encourage students to request an appointment if you’d like to talk in detail. Please let me know how I can support you.
I am looking forward to a great year!
School Counselor for Class of 2021 and 2023