Dear 12th Graders and Families,
Welcome to senior year!
Not only is this year a capstone to your time at PVPA, it is also an exciting time of planning and pursuing your goals for post-PVPA life. I look forward to working with each of you as you complete your time in high school and move on to your next steps.
Throughout the year, I welcome students and families to contact me with questions, concerns, or success stories about your academic development, career and college planning path, and social or emotional well-being. Please feel free to reach me by email at email@example.com or by phone at 413 552 1580 x243.
In a few weeks, we will release our School Counseling Calendar with detailed information about our offerings. This year, the PVPA School Counseling Department will offer the following programming tailored to seniors and their families.
- Senior Meetings: Individual post-PVPA planning meetings for all seniors, with follow-up as needed (September-November). Click here to sign up for a Senior Meeting.
- I am available to help students with all steps of the college planning and admissions process, including applications, recommendation letters, essays, financial aid applications, and registering for the SAT and/or ACT.
- 12th Grade Family Meeting and MEFA Night: Presentation by the Massachusetts Educational Funding Authority about financial aid and paying for college for students and families (September 25th - Family meeting starting at 5:30pm, MEFA presentation starting at 6:30pm).
- STCC and HCC Field Trips: Trips for interested students to Springfield Technical Community College and Holyoke Community College including a tour, information session, and instant acceptance (date to be determined).
- College Admissions Visits at PVPA: College admissions officers will be visiting PVPA to meet with student throughout the fall semester. College admissions visits are open to all high school students. Most admissions visits happen between September and December, although some happen in the spring semester. Please check the School Counseling Calendar for dates and times of admissions visits.
- College Counseling website: The School Counseling Department maintains a Career and College Planning website with a variety of important college process and college application information, including the School Counseling Calendar and a continuously updated Scholarships List.
As always, I am available to support students with both the expected and unexpected challenges of high school, whether these are emotional, social, academic, or future-oriented. More information about contacting school counselors is available in our Community Handbook. I encourage students to request an appointment if you’d like to talk in detail. Please let me know how I can support you.
I am looking forward to a great year!
School Counselor for Class of 2020 and 2022