The U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces, among other statutes, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance. Title IX states:
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Source: US Dept of Education website
Title IX @ PVPA
TITLE IX Officers
- Title IX Coordinator – Director of Student Services - Loris Bjorkman-Joslyn
- Title IX Investigator – Dean of Students - Kendrick Roundtree
- Alternate – Restorative Justice Coordinator - TBD
- Title IX Decision Maker – Chief Financial Officer – Marleen Conner
- Title IX Appeals Officer – Executive Director – Brent Nielsen
On December 14, 2021, the PVPA Board of Trustees approved our Title IX Policy. The document is posted in 'Public Notices' in the 'About' menu, and is linked here for your convenience.
Our Title IX Grievance Process is posted in the 'Public Notices' section under the 'About' menu, and is linked here for your convenience.
Other Title IX documents that are publicly posted include: